Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Some useful information for camera DIY

DIY Custom Camera Bellows Kit
This is cool!
Though not my way of bellows making, but it is good for starter.

Camera Bellows Outer Cover Fabric
It is too thick to me, but should be very good material for size larger than 4x5.....
(11/04 add) there is going to provide a much thinner material, when Sorin solved the lightproof problem and cost problem. In my opinion, as long as you let buyers aware that 3 layers of bellows construction is 100% lightproof is enough, no need for additional treatments, that will increase thickness.

Fine Grain DIY Ground Glass Kit
and this one shows you how to grind your own ground glass, amazing!

4 comments:

Sorin said...

Thank you for mentioning my site. I have to say though that the fabric is not necessarily too thick for 4x5. The prototype 4x5 on my site which is a folding camera which requires to compress quite flat is made with this material. So was the pocket folder shown on my blog. It is thicker then other materials, but it should work in a lot of cases.

Unknown said...

Hi Sorin,
It's very impressed the way you make bellows, simple and smart! I learn a lot from you! Your blog is on my list already, please add more kits for us!
Daniel

Jack Hui said...

Great for DIY!!!

I think the most diffcult part is to draw (by CAD?) the inside paper pattern.

Daniel, I might need your help in future, I am planning to modify my Tachihara, to increase the front element size, to accept 10inches len board. So, a new bellow is needed!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

sounds terrible very much! 10 inch lens board!!