Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tenax 6x9 camera-2

As I received the camera body, bellows seems OK, so I quickly mounted the Optar 65/6.8 on it. The lens was for 6x9, for mounting it on, I had to take down parts of the front stand, like the waist level viewfinder, and the cover that just for masking some spring and screws.

Just fit the camera, could be totally fold up when this lens mounted, that released me. I don't want to make a folder that can not fold up when not in use.

From WA 6x9 folder in my pocket project


Infinity stop was set for 105mm, now I need to reset it into the proper place, unscrewing the stopper, and I used AB glue to do the job, it is done!

From WA 6x9 folder in my pocket project


I took it to HK for a short time trip, make some negs in the park, and found out that the "looks ok" bellow is not ok, so I changed it with one I made with silk and cotton cloth.

The viewfinder I used was one for cosina 25mm lens, borrowed from my another camera, for not to drill holes on camera body, I used magnet.

From WA 6x9 folder in my pocket project


Then I changed the viewfinder with a Helios, round shape looks fine with the camera.

From WA 6x9 folder in my pocket project


I also spay flat black paint on bed, preventing any reflection, and found one 37mm lens hood for it.

The magnet, glued with AB glue, on the cold shoe, then viewfinder mount on, and then you can stick it on any place you want to.

From WA 6x9 folder in my pocket project


From WA 6x9 folder in my pocket project


Besides infinity focus, I set some distance scale with tiny color lines by the side of bed, it can focus as close as 30cm.

From WA 6x9 folder in my pocket project


But actually I planed to do, is to stick this scale on the flat bed, when move the lens on rail, you know where you are focusing.

From WA 6x9 folder in my pocket project


Talked about to re-scale the distance, what I use is a magnifier, a caliper, and some cardboard, tapes.

From WA 6x9 folder in my pocket project


put them onto the back of the body, focus to the mountain at distance, then you can redefined the infinity, then 3m, 1m 0.6m.....so on.

From WA 6x9 folder in my pocket project


From WA 6x9 folder in my pocket project


Tenax camera is easy to converting into a wide angle folder.

But next time I will try to use a Cocarette body, even better design and construction.

No comments: